Welcome to Year 6
This term, we are going on a journey to surgery. We will be linking many areas of the curriculum to this topic. Here are some of the exciting things that we will be learning about:
- Science: Evolution and inheritance
- Reading: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, Pig Heart Boy by Malorie Blackman and The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe.
- Writing: A biography of Mary Shelley, Setting description, Horror fiction, Explanation text.
- Maths: Fractions and decimals, Algebra, Area and percentages and statistics.
- PE: Hockey, HITT, Gymnastics, Lacrosse.
- Computing: Online safety and Coding.
- PSHE: Physical health and wellbeing, Relationship and Sex education.
- French: Days of the week, months of the year, to speak about myself.
PE will take place every Tuesday and Thursday. Children should come to school wearing their uniform and will then get changed into their PE kit on these days.