Welcome to Year 6
This half term (Autumn 1), we are going on a journey to battle. We will be linking many areas of the curriculum to this topic. Here are some of the exciting things that we will be learning about:
- History: Understanding World War II.
- Science: Investigative approaches.
- Art/DT: Blitz art, ration food!.
- Reading: 'Friend of Foe' By Michela Morpurgo
- Writing: Diary entries, setting descriptions and an adventure story.
- Maths: Place value and the 4 operations.
- PE: Rugby skills and teamwork.
- Computing: Coding.
- PSHE: Social media and mental health.
- RE: How Sikhs show commitment.
- Spanish: Conversational skills.
PE will take place every Tuesday and Thursday for all Year 6 classes. Children should come to school wearing their uniform and will then get changed into their PE kit on these days.
Information for High School