This half term, we are going on a journey to discover a tribe. We will be linking many areas of the curriculum to this topic. Here are some of the exciting things that we will be learning about:
- History: Understanding the Mayan Civilisation.
- Science: Classifying animals.
- Art: Creating tribal head-dresses.
- Reading: 'The Explorer' by Katherine Rundell
- Writing: Diary entries, setting descriptions and an adventure story.
- Maths: Place value and the 4 operations.
- PE: Rugby skills and teamwork.
- Computing: Coding.
- PSHE: Social media and mental health.
- RE: How Sikhs show commitment.
- Spanish: Conversational skills.
PE will take place every Tuesday for all Year 6 classes. Children should come to school wearing their PE kit on this day. They will stay in PE kit all day and do not need to bring their uniform.
Good morning all,
I hope you are well and the start of term has been successful in your schools. For obvious reasons we are unable to hold our usual open evening this year, so the MAT will be hosting a 'virtual open evening' for all of our schools which will go live on Monday 12th October on the following address;
I have also attached a flyer for the event which I hope you will be able to email to your families to help publicise this event.
Thank you in advance for your support and if you have any questions please get back to me.