This half term (Autumn 1), we are going on a Journey to the centre of the Earth. We will be linking many areas of the curriculum to this topic. Here are some of the exciting things that we will be learning about:
- Geography: Tectonic plates, Volcanoes, Physical Geography.
- Science: Investigating sound
- Art: Drawing using a range of techniques
- Reading: The Firework Maker's Daughter by Philip Pullman
- Writing: Character description, setting descriptions and adventure stories
- Maths: Shape, Angles, Time and Fractions
- PE: Dance and Rugby
- Computing: HTML coding.
- PSHE: Democracy
- RE: What faiths are shared in our country?
- Spanish: Greetings & Numbers.
PE will take place every Tuesday (indoor) and Wednesday (outdoor) for all Year 4 classes. Children should come to school wearing their uniform and will then get changed into their PE kit on these days.
It is an expectation in Year 4 that your child will read three times per week at home. This forms part of their homework. Please ensure that a comment is made and the reading log is signed by an adult. If your child is reading an additional book of their own from home, this can also be added to the reading log and will count towards their reading for the week.
By the end of year 4, children should know all of their multiplication and related division facts up to 12 x 12. In June, there will be a multiplication check so we will be practising frequently at school. Children have a log in for TTRockstars that can be used to practise at home.