This term, we are going on a journey Inside the Human Body. We will be linking many areas of the curriculum to this topic. Here are some of the exciting things that we will be learning about:
- Science: Humans including animals, Rocks.
- Art: Drawing using a range of techniques - still life.
- Reading: A Journey Through the Digestive System & Broccoli Boy.
- Writing: Instructions, setting description & pursuasive leaflets.
- Maths: Place value, addition & subtraction.
- PE: Gymnastics, Dance, Swimming & Football.
- Computing: Computer Coding & Animation.
- PSHE: Healthy living and relationships.
- RE: What faiths are shared in our country?
- French: Greetings & Numbers.
- Music - Three Little Birds
PE will take place every Thursday (indoor) for all Year 4 classes. Children should come to school wearing their uniform and will then get changed into their PE kit on these days. Swimming will take place on Tuesday for Bond & Walliams. It will take place on Wednesday for Blyton.
It is an expectation in Year 3 that your child will read three times per week at home. This forms part of their homework. Please ensure that a comment is made and the reading log is signed by an adult. If your child is reading an additional book of their own from home, this can also be added to the reading log and will count towards their reading for the week.
By the end of year 3, children should hav a great understanding of 2's, 5's, 10's, 3's, 4's, 8's. The children should be confident in multiplication and the corrosponding division facts. Please ensure your child practices weekly. This can be done using Times Table Rock Stars.
We have been rocking the rockstar look this week in Rock Day! A rocking day filled with all things rock related. During this, we have competed in a battle of the bands in TTRS, learnt about the history of rocks / iconic rockstars and started our new Science topic all about rocks.
Thank you to all parents for all your fantastic effort getting your rockstars ready - the children looked rocking!!
We had a fantastic time dancing the night away at our Halloween Disco.
Enjoy some photographs of Year 3 at Thackray Medical Museum. We had a fabulous time learning how our bodies work and exploring different medicines used throughout the years!