Vision and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our children as confident, resilient and enquiring individuals prepared for their futures.
“Working together to capture and nurture the imagination of young minds”
We do this by:
- Creating a welcoming and supportive atmosphere where each individual is valued and respected
- Providing a rich, flexible and creative curriculum which effectively meets the individual needs of our pupils to enable them to thrive in future work and life
- Encouraging all children to be excited about and actively involved in their learning
- Providing a safe and secure learning environment for all
- Encouraging children to take responsibility for their behaviour and attitudes towards other people and their environment
- Encouraging children to live healthy lifestyles and make safe and healthy choices
A little bit about us:
Sharp Lane Primary is a school for children aged between 3 and 11 years. Children enter our flexible Nursery provision (which means that families can choose if they wish to send their children during morning sessions, afternoon sessions or for 2 ½ full days at the beginning or end of the week) in the term after their third birthday. Many stay with us as they move into Reception and through school until the end of Year 6.
We are a community school and have a 'before school breakfast club' for children and 'after school care provision' which is onsite and staffed by qualified members of school staff. Please contact our Business Manager, for more details.