We used post-its to investigate area. Our challenge was to come up with as many rectilinear shapes with the same area as we could.
Dividing using place value counters
We used the place value counters to divide 2 digit numbers by a single digit.
We enjoy playing SPLAT to learn our times tables.
Using resources to help us understand Place Value. We can now:
- recognise numbers to 1000
- know what each digit represents
- find 1000 more and 1000 less
- order and compare numbers to 1000
- round number to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
Multiplying and dividing by 10, 100 and 1000.
Exploring how to multiply and divide numbers by 10, 100 and 1000 using place value grids. We used this knowledge to help us answer questions such as 40 x 3 and 5 x 300.
Times Table Rockstars
Learning times tables to become Rock Stars and Rock Legends.