Intent - What are we trying to achieve?
Intent – What are we trying to achieve?
Our intent and what we believe is important to our children, families and staff is:
- the happiness of children, families and staff.
- caring staff who respect and know the children very well.
- the development of self-confidence, self-motivation and independence.
- co-operation, collaboration and teamwork.
- exciting but safe and secure spaces, indoor and outdoor, where children can explore, discover and experiment.
- the natural environment, the local community and the wider world.
- a stimulating and challenging curriculum, suited to children’s needs, enabling them to reach their full potential across all areas of learning.
- praise and celebration of the achievements of every child.
- working in partnership with others to meet the needs of all the children and their families.
- all aspects of British life and culture; celebrating differences, diversity, core values and preparing children for life in Modern Britain.
- raising aspirations and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- children who respect all adults in school and their peers.
- explore a wide range of experiences and opportunities.
- happy children who are ready to leave us in year 6 to head out into our ever-changing world, able to make informed choices about their future
- we will impact positively on our children’s mental and physical health throughout their time with us.